Competition

Rick Measham rickm at isite.net.au
Tue Nov 19 17:11:01 CST 2002

In other words .. don't look in /A/Very/Big/Directory/. Only look in places
ending with a pipe (|):
/A/Very/Big
/A/Very/Big/Directory/Reference
/A/Very/Big/Directory/Reference/Links

on 20/11/02 9:38 AM, Nathan Bailey at Nathan.Bailey at its.monash.edu wrote:

> Scott Penrose <scottp at dd.com.au> wrote:
>> The simple solution that we came up with was replacing the '/' in the
>> URL with a '|', where on failure to find a page would fall back one step.
>>
>> Eg: the url "/A/Very/Big|Directory/Reference|Links"
>
> I don't understand why 'Directory/Reference' has a '/'?

             There are 10 kinds of people:
   those that understand binary, and those that don't.
   The day Microsoft makes something that doesn't suck
     is the day they start selling vacuum cleaners