July Meeting Preperation

Scott Penrose scottp at dd.com.au
Thu Jun 27 01:06:57 CDT 2002

On Thursday, June 27, 2002, at 02:39 , Jeremy Howard wrote:

> Scott Penrose wrote:
>
>> Anyone willing to do a talk on SOAP or XML-RPC ?
>
> I'm creating a SOAP web service at the moment using SOAP::Lite. We
> currently use our own simple XML API to provide IMAP notification over
> HTTP for FastCheck:
>
> http://www.fastcheck.org
>
> I'm planning to move this over to SOAP in the next few weeks, and then
> start providing more SOAP-accessible FastMail.FM bits, including an
> interface to address books (to allow syncing of web address books with
> email clients and PIMs).
>
> So by the time the meeting comes along, I may have 10 minutes worth of
> interesting things to say, but I certainly won't be an expert!...

Thats perfect. We are looking for a set of things. 10 minute - 20 minute
talks are a perfect length time. Web services are diverse (just look at
some of the definitions :-) so having a few short talks would be ideal.

Scott Penrose
Welcome to the Digital Dimension
http://www.dd.com.au/
scottp at dd.com.au

Dismaimer: Contents of this mail and signature are bound to change
randomly. Whilst every attempt has been made to control said randomness,
the author wishes to remain blameless for the number of eggs that damn
chicken laid. Oh and I don't want to hear about butterflies either.