[mnw.pm] Booth Babe rant

Hubbard, Rachel rachel.hubbard at isinet.com
Fri Jul 7 14:56:23 CDT 2000

What is a 'booth babe'?

-----Original Message-----
From: Joseph N. Hall [mailto:joseph at 5sigma.com]
Sent: Friday, July 07, 2000 3:54 PM
To: Sarah Burcham; advocacy at perl.org;
marsneedswomen at happyfunball.pm.org; perl-hackers at stlouis.pm.org
Subject: Re: [mnw.pm] Booth Babe rant

On Fri, 7 Jul 2000 13:09:04 -0500 sarah at pound.perl.org (Sarah Burcham)
wrote:

* Booth babes really bother me...  moreso that the same marketing ploy on
* billboards, tv, magazines, internet banner ads, etc.

On the other hand, I think women are free to do whatever they want,
and if they want to be booth babes, that's fine.  If they want to
argue among themselves about whether it's more socially appropriate
to be computer nerds or booth babes, that's fine too.  Just don't
expect me to take a side.  I've seen women who are very effective
as human lampposts, and I've seen brilliant women who are uglier
than Abigail.

  -joseph

--
Joseph N. Hall, 5 Sigma Productions        mailto:" <joseph> "@5sigma.com