[mnw.pm] Re: TOM Cruise...

Adam Turoff ziggy at panix.com
Fri Jan 15 14:49:26 CST 1999

lisa wrote:
> On Fri, 15 Jan 1999, elaine ashton wrote:
>
> > I love this idea! Though being captive on a boat with a bunch of Perl
> > geeks seems, hmmm......such opportunities of 'man overboard' go through my
> > head :). Sun, fun, scotch and Perl. Sounds like a winner to me as I can
> > envision having tutorials on the lido by day, long relaxing dinners on
> > shore at night with a gentle caribbean breeze carrying the sound of steel
> > drums.....a far cry from the sheet of ice i see out my window at the
> > moment.
>
> Count me in!  I LOVE cruises and this would be a lot of fun, in
> a geeky kind of way ;-)

qw(love cruises geeky fun) in the same sentence.

I think I should be afraid here.

> However, I'd abstain from scotch and have a pina coloada instead.

I think pina coladas are verboten in Alaska.  But the salmon, scotch
and scottish smoked salmon are divine....

On this cruise, you'll learn perl, you'll learn scotch appreciation
and you'll like it.  :-) :-)

Z. "garcon, glenlivet 12, heavy on the rocks, for the lady, please."

PS: I thought it was a caribbean cruise, too, until about 5 minutes ago.