greetings and welcome

Tricia Hankinson tricia at hankweb.com
Wed Dec 2 19:13:56 CST 1998

I, too, hope I am not in over my head.  I intended to be a lurker, but will
go ahead and introduce myself.  I am a Mechanical Engineer by education, and
worked for almost 9 years for a defense contractor.  During that time, I
helped a Dept of Defense Agency 'manage' programs that developed
applications for the internet to do 'distributed, collaborative design and
development of complex systems'.  This program started in 1992, and it was
at this time that I taught myself html and did my first homepage in Mosaic!!

I am currently "retired" after having a baby almost 3 years ago, and I have
begun to do Internet Consulting to bring in a few bucks here and there, but
a lot of work I do is volunteer work for a non-profit.  I am currently
webmaster for 2 non-profits and 1 small business, a consultant for intranet
development for another company, a list owner of a listserv.  I have taught
myself enough perl to modify scripts, but anymore that I can learn is always
helpful.

Tricia Hankinson
tricia at hankweb.com