[Madrid-pm] Wikidot Spam - WTF?

Luis Motta Campos luismottacampos en yahoo.co.uk
Mie Jul 15 11:21:33 PDT 2009

Hi, everybody.

Just received a spam message (wtf?) from Wikidot (wtf?), claiming that
I've registered myself (wtf?) to a wiki run by them (wtf?).

After a little investigation, discovered that Wikidot is running
tallerperl.wikidot.com, a.k.a. "Organización del Primer Taller de Perl
en España" (wtf?).

The message was to inform that they're changing the wikies they provide
(wtf?) to offer a 30 pixels wide header and bottom (wtf? wtf?) with
their logo (wtf?), trackers (wtf?) -- I see Google Analitics and
QuantaCast (wtf? wtf?), and "interesting links to third parties"
(wtf!!!). I believe everybody here agree this (both the spamming and the
defacing of any website) is unacceptable.

I would like to offer to remove the content and close the Wiki. If
nobody else can provide a server, I can try getting one. I can also help
with the system administration and transfer of the wiki contents, as
needed. We just need to get a domain name to go with it
(SpanishPerlWorkshop.{perl,pm}.org? SpanishPerlWorkshop.es? tallerperl.es?).

In other words: I'm leaving the wiki, and I'm trying to drag as many of
you (all, if possible) as I can.

Is anyone interested?

Hasta pronto,
--
Luis Motta Campos is a software engineer,
Perl Programmer, foodie and photographer.