[LA.pm] LAPM: Los Angeles Perl Mongers pre-YAPC May Meeting TOMORROW

Andrew Grangaard granny+lapm at gmail.com
Tue May 9 17:27:23 PDT 2017

Hello Mongers,

This is your 1 day reminder.  May meeting is Tomorrow!

As always: http://la.pm.org for the latest details and parking directions.

Please respond if you're coming, via email or facebook update.
LA.pm's next meeting
What: Los Angeles Perl Mongers Meeting
When: 7-9pm
Date: Wednesday May 10, 2017
Where: ZipRecruiter - 401 Wilshire, 11th floor, Santa Monica, CA 90401
Theme: Perl!
Refreshments: Food and BEvERages provided by host
RSVP: Responses always appreciated.
Presentations:

   1. fREW Schmidt: *AWS permissions and threat modelling*
   Abstract: TBD
   2. kivanc yazan: *A Brief History of Timekeeping*
   Abstract: How did we come from sundials to universally coordinated time
   with sub-second accuracy? How does a country decide on its time zone? What
   good does daylight saving do? Why Greenwhich? What do railroad have to do
   with time standardization? Are there any alternatives to 24-hr day? What
   time is it on Mars?

   3. Andrew Grangaard: *Adventures in Failure, redux*
   Abstract: (Time permitting) How do different languages test and handle
   failure?

https://www.facebook.com/events/1533685443323074/

PS: RSVP stands for ' répondez s'il vous plaît ',  french for "respond,
please".
PPS: No, I haven't edited and posted the March video.  YET.