[LA.pm] advice about contracting

Jeremy Leader jleader at alumni.caltech.edu
Mon May 25 17:49:02 PDT 2015

I'd guess that means you're a W-2 employee of a contracting company who's hiring you out to a company that needs work done but doesn't want to hire an employee. In theory, when the work runs out the contracting company should try to find another contract for you. In practice it can be the worst of both worlds; you've got the uncertainty of contracting, but with the contracting company taking a (sometimes sizeable) chunk of your fee. If they're providing decent benefits it might make sense.

--
Jeremy Leader
jleader at alumni.caltech.edu