[LA.pm] Anyone with a teaching bug?

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Mon Sep 8 11:42:25 PDT 2008

>>>>> "Andy" == Andy Lester <andy at petdance.com> writes:

Andy> I think what Randal meant to say was "That's fantastic that someone is
Andy> undertaking a project like this, to help bring new Perl programmers into
Andy> the fold.  Sure, there are some rough spots that I noticed and will
Andy> forward to the authors, but overall, this is a great start!"

No, I meant what I'm said.  I'm disappointed at how few pages have so many
errors, so early in the cycle.

You can't teach this stuff until you master it.  And if you were a master, the
errors would already be apparent.  We don't need another case of "blind
leading the blind".  Too many of those already.

Hint: half the examples WON'T EVEN COMPILE.  No excuse for that.

Sorry for being blunt, but I'm tired of the bad text out there.  It doesn't
help Perl.  It hurts it.