[LA.pm] Dataplace.org in la.pm booth at SCALE?

Todd Cranston-Cuebas Todd.Cranston-Cuebas at Ticketmaster.com
Mon Jan 29 09:46:28 PST 2007

Does anyone have any objections to the people at dataplace.org having a
computer up in the la.pm booth demonstrating a perl application? One of
their engineers has volunteered to attend and talk about the development
of the dataplace application. The demonstrator is a paid contractor who
worked on the site for the Fannie Mae Foundation. You can find out more
info about the foundation at:
http://www.fanniemaefoundation.org/about/index.shtml

The site describes itself as:

DataPlace <http://www.dataplace.org/index.html>
(http://www.dataplace.org) aims to be your one-stop source for housing
and demographic data about your community, your region, and the nation.
The site not only assembles a variety of data sets from multiple
sources, but it also provides tools and guides to assist you in
analyzing, interpreting, and applying the data so you can make more
informed decisions

Since this is not a commercial application, I felt that it would be
acceptable for them to show-off some very interesting perl trickery in
the booth, as long as they were willing to talk about how this was
accomplished. If you disagree, please let me know ASAP. If there were a
commercial application, I wouldn't even consider it since other vendors,
including my own, are paying for our own booth to show off "commercial"
products.

Please provide feedback so I can notify the people at SCALE if we will
be showing this tool.

Regards,

Todd

Todd Cranston-Cuebas
Manager of Technical Recruiting

8800 W. Sunset Blvd.
West Hollywood, CA 90069
Phone: (310) 360-2436; Mobile: (310) 422-3347
tcc at ticketmaster.com