[LA.pm] Citysearch is Hiring

Robert Spier rspier at pobox.com
Fri Aug 6 00:31:25 CDT 2004

I hate using the lapm list for this, but you might know someone who is
right for the following position.

And to sweeten the deal, if you refer someone (it could be you!) who
we end up hiring for this position, I'll pay for your dinner at the
next dinner event we have.

Also, I'm plotting out plans for a technical event in the next few
weeks.  It'll probably be held on the 8800 block of Sunset, so plan
your route now.

-R

-----------------

Online URL for this job: http://jobs.perl.org/job/1627

Job title:
mod_perl/Senior Programmer/Architect for Citysearch

Company name: citysearch

Internal ID: SnrMP

Location: United States, CA, Los Angeles

Travel: 0%

Terms of employment: Salaried employee

Hours: Full time

Onsite: yes

Responsible for architecting, maintaining, supporting, and upgrading
existing systems and applications.
Responsible for helping to set and meeting all timelines for projects
assigned.
The candidate will work with the Product team to help with and verify
functional specifications, scope them in and evaluate them as necessary.
The candidate will also work within other groups within the technology team
to implement them.
Ability to work with less-experienced developers to help guide and train
them.
Ability to work with more-experienced developers to learn and grow their
own skills.

Required skills:
Must have at least a Bachelor's Degree.
Strong track record of meeting challenging goals, tough deadlines, and
proven record of successfully introducing large new products to the market.

Experience in system architecture and design (multi-located datacenter
experience a plus).
Perl, mod_perl, OOP are required.
Must have experience with data models and querying relational databases
with SQL.
Must have extensive unix experience.
Must be organized and efficient.

Desired skills:
C/C++ and Java are big bonuses.
apache C modules is also a big bonus.
MVC design knowledge.
Experience with large installations with multiple datacenters a plus.
CVS a plus.
Basic networking and miscellaneous technologies (ie NFS, Template Toolkit,
XML, WSDL, SOAP, etc) that do or may apply are pluses.

URL for more information: http://www.citysearch.com/

Contact information:
Please forward resumes to emad[at]citysearch.com