[LA.pm] dinner thursday 11/20

Terrence Brannon metaperl at urth.org
Thu Nov 13 10:32:30 CST 2003

I had to wipe my disk due to a virus, so I might have missed something.

[1] Robert solicited proposals for a technical talk and I responded.
What has become of this offer. There was some initial resistance by Ask
on the grounds of difficulty finding a presentation forum. To this
resistance two solutions were offered (1) a socio-technical talk by me
and (2) a room at rent.com

As far as I know, neither my talk nor the alternatives were rejected and
it certainly was not put to public vote, which brings me to my second issue.

[2] Is LA.pm a democratic organization? Do the members have any
power/input into what happens where? As far as I can tell from this
email, there was no process of discussion or generation of a general
consensus on what happened when.

[3] I have prepared the slides to my talk and am willing to rent a car
if necessary to present them. Here are the completed slides:

http://www.urth.org/~metaperl/domains/metaperl.com/talks/2003/november/TABLE_OF_CONTENTS.html

 And regarding sending things to bdfoy, what would be more gratifying
than to see his module Tie::Cycle being put to good use and publicly
presented?

[4] I re-iterate my offer to give a socio-technical talk. That is, if
you are going to meet in Silverlake, I can bring printouts of the slides
based on the amount of reservations you receive and talk at the dinner
table.