[LA.pm] Next Meeting

Peter Benjamin pete at peterbenjamin.com
Mon Aug 19 19:22:55 CDT 2002

At 06:14 PM 8/18/2002, Ask Bjoern Hansen wrote:
>On Sun, 18 Aug 2002, Peter Benjamin wrote:
>
>> write harder ones.  A few of the CGI related ones will be covered
>> like testing for a PO box, a phone number or credit card,
>
>I'd like to see you do a phone number regexp.  Hah.
>
>;-)

This stuff might seem quick to do, but turns out the
full blown bells and whistles is not.  Given the responses
to date, I will wait a while longer for more people to
read the posts to this mailing list and reply with
their topics (to hear or to speak on)

Well, it includes international phone numbers,
and a second RE to reformat to a constant database format,
with or without the parens and dashes, etc.

The cc includes summing the digits and checking for what
brand it is.  And the reformating for db storage.

And then there is the email syntax checking and
using SMTP to verify the email userid.  And appending
.com to those AOL users not in the know.  And changing
Compuserve userid commas to periods.

Pete