[LA.pm] Next Meeting

Peter Benjamin pete at peterbenjamin.com
Sun Aug 18 17:53:30 CDT 2002

At 10:45 AM 8/18/2002, Robert Spier wrote:

>Ok -
>
>    Congrats to Abe for throwing a cool bbq/party yesterday.

Abe had it all at the party!  Hot food, drinks, chips, and more.
DJed with turntables before the band showed up.  Abe can really
throw a party!

>    So, it's time to start thinking about our next meeting.. Lets try
>    and make it somewhat technical, towards the end of September?

Sound great!

>        Anyone have anything perlish they'd like to talk about?

I'd like to know about passing by reference all sorts of
array and hash types (multiple dimensions and slices of),
and returning them, especially returning more than one type.
With and without prototyping.

I'm always willing to talk on Regular Expressions (REs),
but this crowd might know them already.  Any feedback on
that?  I give a 1.5 hour presentation and by the end everyone
will be able to read even the most difficult RE, and everyone
will be able to write basic ones.  And know what it takes to
write harder ones.  A few of the CGI related ones will be covered
like testing for a PO box, a phone number or credit card,
reverse sorting email addresses from the TLD first.

If any one needs help with a RE, then just post to the list.
I'll write 'em from scratch too.

Pete