[Logan-pm] What you missed

david at davidscholes.com david at davidscholes.com
Fri Apr 20 04:49:42 PDT 2012

Hi Everyone,

We had another very educational meeting.  Here's a quick list, before I
forget, of some of what we covered. Not all is directly related to Perl.

1) Using and creating Excel spreadsheets in your applications

2) GraphViz for autogenerating flow charts etc.

3) XML::Simple - quick parsing of XML data into a data structure for
easy access.

4) RT - Request Tracker software written in Perl. Can be extended with
Perl to generate tickets and add any automation desired. Interesting to
see more about the cyber warfare going on.

5) iptables to automate protecting your machine from intrusion

6) IPv6 - it's coming and now understand a little more how to use it

7) irssi - learned this IRC client can be extended with Perl scripts to
filter, log, ...

8) Truffles - mmmm chocolate (Thanks Stan)

Did I forget anything? We covered a lot in 1.5 hours. Every meeting I'm
learning lots of new useful things.

May meeting will be about Asterisk!

In June I'll attempt to show what I learned about Arduino.

Invite your friends! Let's see if we can fill the room for our next
meeting.