factoring in Perl

Stephane Rondal rondal at usa.net
Wed Jun 14 02:35:54 CDT 2000

The best resource I know of is the GOF book
(Analysis and Design Patterns/Addison-Wesley, don't have the reference handy).
Though it's not Perl related, it does explain the mechanisms of an object
factory from an implementation point of view. I think the example is in C++,
but it should not be too difficult to port it to Perl. If you need help....
(I just love how Perl incorporated the OO paradigm)

I have other books on design patterns. Just have to check if they
contain other factory patterns. But again, none of these are Perl specific.
Here's a nice book idea ;-)

Stephane

PS. Object factory in VB! Must be kidding ;-)