LPM: Note from not-subscribed address

Rich Bowen rbowen at rcbowen.com
Mon Aug 19 11:23:59 CDT 2002

From: "Billy Marlin" <res0bhnu at verizon.net>
To: <lexington-pm-list at pm.org>
Subject: Need some perl help
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2001 10:10:54 -0700

Ok well what I am going to give you might not be enough for anyone to =
establish on what the problem is but here goes.

I am working with 3 websites which all use the same exact principle and =
scripts.  The latest website I just finished and copied all the perl =
files over for the shopping cart.  I went in and changed all the =
required files to point to the right area.  This shopping cart uses =
about 15 different files hence the reason for me not posting exactly =
what is going on.

Anyways I got everything working except for one item.  After the =
shopping cart is loaded and the person is going to check out.  They go =
to the link that says you are entering a ssl section.  Up to this point =
the program has a cookie base on the time the order was made and this =
stays the same until you enter the ssl area.  I have been printing out =
the cookie every page change and found this was when it gets lost.  Soon =
as you come into the Secure area which works on the other the other 2 =
websites which are exactly the same. The cookie vanishes!  I have it =
redirect to the homepage if there is not a cookie.  Now from the home =
page I click to go to my shopping cart and BAM it pulls up the info =
using the cookie which now exists.

My current problems are due to a lot of limitations.  I do not have =
access to my error log file which really hurts.  I also do not know the =
complete configuration of the server.  I requested it be the same as the =
other 2 we are using and like I said all the other scripts I am using =
work fine.

Is there something that anyone can advise me to do  to solve what is the =
problem here.  I know I have not given a lot of specifics but this is =
all I have without going into a lot of detail.  If you need more let me =
know. =20

Billy Marlin

Here is how the cookies are handled

################################## Function =
##################################
#
#  Function: getCookie
#
# Look for a cookie.  If one is not set, set one based on the current =
time.
#
#  Notes:
#
#########################################################################=
#####
sub getCookie
{
 # Does a cookie exist?
 my($cartkey) =3D cookie(-name=3D>&cart::CART_COOKIE);

 # If a cookie exists, an administrator is logged in
    if (!$cartkey)
 {
  # Cookie doesn't exist
  # Set a cookie based on the current time in seconds since the Epoch
  $cartkey =3D time;

  # Prepare the cookie to go in the header
  my($cookie) =3D cookie(-name=3D>&cart::CART_COOKIE, =
-value=3D>$cartkey);

  # Set the cookie in the header
  print header(-cookie=3D>$cookie);
  &webpage::headerPrinted();