LPM: Meetings and attendance

Mik Firestone fireston at lexmark.com
Mon Feb 12 13:49:07 CST 2001

To speak when I haven't been heard for so long.....

I would like to give a few talks - I have done some neat stuff with SNMP, some
interesting uses of fork() and a few other topics that come up on perlmonks
frequently.  My problem is that I frankly haven't a lot of time to put the
talks together and that evening meetings are difficult for me to attend for a
lot of reasons, but mostly I am tired when I get done working and I really
just want to collapse at home and get ready for the next day.

I will also point out, having been a member of this list for a while, that
this conversation on scheduling is ( I think, I would really have to look over
my email logs ) a bi-annual event.  We discover that there is no perfect time,
no perfect place and no perfect day.  I, personally, would still prefer lunch
meetings and Jo-Beths is a great place to do it.  I understand this is
difficult for our more outlying members.  What if we decided on a late lunch
on Fridays, say around 1:30 - 3:00 ( or whatever )?  Janine and the others
from farther out would have a great excuse to start their weekends early, as
would many of us closer in.

Mik

Mik Firestone fireston at lexmark.com
Pinky, are you pondering what I am pondering?
I think so Brain, but I get all clammy inside the tent.