LPM: Checking HTML syntax?

Gregg Casillo gcasillo at ket.org
Wed Mar 22 16:15:46 CST 2000

Does anyone know of a module or other means to check HTML syntax with Perl?
I'm working on a web page publishing system that checks links, document
weight, and hopefully HTML syntax of web pages. The syntax validation would be
something in the mold of W3C's Tidy program
(http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/).

If there are serious HTML mistakes/errors, I want to catch them and report
them to the people submitting publishing requests (that is, those folks who
submit URLs to my publishing/checking script.

Thanks,
Gregg Casillo
KET Web Programmer
gcasillo at ket.org