LPM: Re: Next week's meeting

Mik Firestone fireston at lexmark.com
Tue Jun 6 10:56:46 CDT 2000

Take all benchmarks with a grain ( a very large grain ) of salt.  If you are
trying to optimize, I would strongly suggest either using ( if you have perl
5.6 ) or getting ( for any previous version ) the Devel::Dprof module, which
will profile your perl code.  I have found this 10 times more useful in
optimizing than Benchmark.

Mik

Mik Firestone fireston at lexmark.com
When I become an Evil Overlord:
I will maintain a realistic assessment of my strengths and weaknesses.  Even
though this takes some of the fun out of the job, at least I will never utter
the line ``No, this cannot be! I AM INVINCIBLE!!!xx (After that, death is
usually instantaneous.)