LPM: modules with activstate sans ppm

Rich Bowen rbowen at rcbowen.com
Fri Jan 28 12:30:54 CST 2000

Matt Cashner wrote:

> is there a way to install modules into activestate that arent specifically
> distributed from activestate. aka go to cpan, dl some module and install
> it like normal. i've got the gnu ports of gcc and make and all that but
> they're barfing on the makefile. cygwin's make has the same problem. any
> thoughts? thanks all.

There's an article on this in the latest Perl Journal. I've not read it
yet, and it's not on the TPJ.com web site yet. But, you're in luck, they
sent me two copies, and I could send/give/loan you one of the copies.
There's also a web site out there somewhere, but I've not been able to
find it again.

Rich
--
http://www.ApacheUnleashed.com/