LPM: dbms

Matt Cashner sungo at brocksplace.com
Wed Jan 26 13:23:20 CST 2000

i'm working on a project that involves perl meshing with a database
(flatfile, four/five fields). we're using postgresql right now as that was
what was here when we started. i'm trying to escape the grasp of postgres
because this project really doesnt call for it. the problem is this: i've
tried dbm and mldbm but they are very machine specific. two machines with
the same versions of perl and the necessary modules could not read each
others dbms.  any thoughts on alternative solid perl db/dbm systems?

Matt Cashner
 sungo at earthling.net