LPM: CPAN Module

Gregg Casillo gcasillo at ket.org
Fri Jan 14 15:05:16 CST 2000

I thought this might be appropriate considering how we've discussed
modules recently. For those familiar with Win32's Perl package manager
(ppm), you may find this module worthwhile if you use Perl on a *nix
box. It automates the module installation much like ppm does. Here's the
top of the readme:

NAME
    CPAN - query, download and build perl modules from CPAN sites

SYNOPSIS
    Interactive mode:

      perl -MCPAN -e shell;

    Batch mode:

      use CPAN;

      autobundle, clean, install, make, recompile, test

DESCRIPTION
    The CPAN module is designed to automate the make and install of
    perl modules and extensions. It includes some searching
    capabilities and knows how to use Net::FTP or LWP (or lynx or an
    external ftp client) to fetch the raw data from the net.

Read more about it at
http://www.perl.com/CPAN-local/modules/by-module/CPAN/

Gregg Casillo