LPM: perldoc perlerrors

Frank Price fprice at mis.net
Mon Aug 28 11:56:02 CDT 2000

On Sun, Aug 27, 2000 at 11:05:05PM -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
> Frank Price wrote:
> >
> > Ho LexPM,
> >
> > I'm tired of always forgetting the little details of error trapping.
> > There doesn't seem to be any POD for it, so I'm gonna write one.
> > Anyone want to join me?
>
> Hmm. I'm not even sure what you're talking about. But I'm one of the
> strange folks that enjoys documentation. I'd be glad to help in some
> way. What kind of error trapping are you talking about?

Well, essentially all the various ways to make sure that your code
functions as you want it to.  Now this was a very half-baked note I
fired off, but what I had in mind is detailing things like:

 - details of using die() and warn().
 - catching or ignoring signals.
 - throwing an error from within a module (back to the calling
   module).
 - Carp::
 - how system() returns 0 on success.

And whatever else.  Maybe this is documented well enough and I'm just
not a good researcher, I don't know :-)

-Frank.
--
Frank Price | fprice at mis.net | www.sxse.org/fprice/