LPM: Today's meeting, and other stuff

Rich Bowen rbowen at rcbowen.com
Wed Jun 9 14:39:07 CDT 1999

Today's meeting was really good. Mik Firestone gave a very good talk
about regex. Thanks, Mik.

There are a few items of business that we need to mention.

1) Patrick Gardella, our Grand Poohbah, has a new job that will take him
to Washington DC, where he will be a new member of DC.pm
(http://dc.pm.org/). Congratulations, Patrick! Anyways, as a consequence
of this, I have apparently been pressed into service to fill that role
for the moment.

2) It appears that I have volunteered to speak at the next PM meeting.
The topics that I am thinging about are Modules (finding, installing,
using, and writing them.), CGI (Subtitle: Why I don't 'use CGI.pm'), NT
System administration with Perl (Subtitle: Making NT usable) or Stupid
Perl Tricks (Schwartzian transforms, Orcish stuff, memoizing, and other
cool toys). Please let me know if one of these appeals to you more than
another, or I'll just decide by fipping a 4-sided coin.

3) The hard one: Where and when to have the next meeting. There are only
11 votes so far, and I happen to know that there are 24 of you on the
list. So, if you want your voice to be heard, please go to
http://www.dcr.net/~oneiros/cgi-bin/lexpm/ and vote! The current leader
is Monday evening, although the overwhelming opinion At the meeting was
that Friday afternoon - say about 3, so you can take the rest of the
afternoon off - was a really good choice. If we do that, we might need
to get a conferene room at someone's place of employment, so that we
don't have to actually pay for a room. I think that still leaves us lots
of options.

So, vote for the times that you want, and we'll try to pick a definate
time by this time next week, so that I can reserve a room somewhere.

Rich
--
perl -e 'print "Just Another Perl Hacker\n";'