[kw-pm] BBQ at the Arrow Lofts - Daniel's place

Daniel Allen daniel at coder.com
Mon Sep 17 14:46:36 PDT 2012

September's Mongers Meeting will be a social gathering at my new place.
We're doing a BBQ, somewhat like last month, only not as much
swimming-pool, but more altitude.

I'm at 112 Benton St. (http://goo.gl/maps/Gqs5R) - if you drive, go to the
visitor parking lot, which is down the hill (south) from the parking-garage
entrance on Benton (on the west side of the street). Park anywhere in the
visitor lot; or park on the East side of Benton Street.  If you bike,
probably simplest to lock your bike to the chain-link fence next to the
visitor lot. Buses: get off at the GRT terminal; we're just a couple blocks
away.

Enter the building at the southeast corner of the building. The lobby has a
touch-screen; cursor up to "Allen" and press "Call."
Cover your ears; they haven't fixed the volume and it is very loud. Anyway,
it should ring my cellphone; I'll buzz you in.
If it is having problems, call or text me directly: 519-781-7733 and I'll
come down.

Follow the path of grey carpet to the elevators, in the middle of the
building. You'll go through a single door after a twisty hall with many
mirrors.
If you find yourself in a movie theatre or parking garage, you went the
wrong way.

Take the elevator to the roof (RT) and follow the voices outside. :)

Bring:
spouse(s)
grillables, sides,...  I'll have chicken or turkey burgers/sausages for the
grill, burger/hotdog buns, and condiments.
Maybe bring a jacket; it can be breezy in the evenings up there. We can go
indoors whenever we like; there is lots of indoor seating.
And a bar, which is sadly not stocked.

Just for kicks I also booked the theatre room downstairs, in case we have
any interest in something requiring a projector. (ideas?)

Looking forward to seeing y'all on Thursday.