[kw-pm] Sept: punt? Intro talks: This fall? & Happy Birthday to kw-pm

Daniel Allen daniel at coder.com
Thu Sep 13 15:09:06 PDT 2012

We seem to lack speakers for our regular time-slot, which would be next
Thursday. At this juncture I think we could either punt or do dinner
somewhere.

We've been asked by the UW CS Club if we want to come back and do some
intro perl talks, for some time this Fall, date as-of-yet unplanned. If
anybody is keen on presenting to the CS club, we could make that happen.

I'm curious is anybody out there doing Perl coding these days? We've been a
pretty omnivorous group, talking about lots of other stuff like node.js and
some of us instigated a #python channel on irc.perl.org :)

It's worth noting that our first kw.pm was at the end of September 2002,
making the 27th of this month our 10th birthday
http://kw.pm.org/oldnews.html

Happy Birthday, y'all!

These days I find myself only writing one-liners in perl; my group at work
is much happier if I do new projects in Python instead. I won't barely
mention the many legacy php projects I still work on. Not much new perl
work here though.