[kw-pm] March Talk this Thursday: Catalyst Web Framework

Daniel R. Allen daniel at coder.com
Mon Mar 14 08:30:42 PDT 2011

Happy Pi Day!

The March KW Perl Mongers talk, this Thursday, is on the super-powerful
Catalyst web framework (http://www.catalystframework.org/), presented by
dnm.  Hope you can make it!

If you're not sure you need to learn about yet another web framework, here
are some user comments I nabbed from the catalyst site:

---
First let me say how cool Catalyst is. I've only just started playing with
it, but I like what I see so far! Great job, guys. Big respect to everyone
involved.
-- Andy Wardley

Catalyst brings some serious web development mojo to Perl. For a long time
I stuck with Perl because of CPAN but thought other languages provided
better frameworks and were leaving Perl behind. No more with Catalyst.
-- John Wang
---

As usual, pizza and pop/water are provided, sponsored by $anonymous,
and various details can be found on our webpage at http://kw.pm.org/

We are meeting in our usual location, DC 3323, at 7pm.

Any questions, give a shout; either on this list, or irc.perl.org,
channel #uc

-Daniel