[kw-pm] Talk this Thursday: Node.js

Daniel R. Allen daniel at coder.com
Tue Jul 19 05:55:37 PDT 2011

The July KW Perl Mongers talk is this Thursday, the 21st (the usual date).
The main topic will be Node, a flexible event-driven I/O framework for
server-side Javascript. http://nodejs.org/

The presenter, Casey Banner, http://caseybanner.ca/ designed a
class-scheduling site for Waterloo students. In the process he
wrote a few libraries, such as to connect to mongo, a schema-less
database similar to couchdb. He also worked with a pile of javascript
libraries, also described at the above URL.

Pizza and pop/water are provided, sponsored by $anonymous.

Please put yourself on the pizza-list at:
http://kw.pm.org/wiki/index.cgi?PizzaList

We are meeting in our usual location, DC 3323, at 7pm.

Various other details can be found on our webpage at http://kw.pm.org/

Any questions, give a shout; either on this list, or irc.perl.org,
channel #uc

-Daniel