[kw-pm] Announcing SocialTechCampToronto Saturday Oct 23rd

Ushnish Sengupta ushnish.sengupta at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 14:30:28 PDT 2010

Apologies for any duplicate postings, but would love to have some projects
from KW Perl Mongers presented.

Event: SocialTechCampToronto

Date: Saturday Oct 23rd

Time: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm

Location:OISE (Ontario Institute for Studies in Education) Building

252 Bloor Street West

7th Floor

Toronto, Ontario M5S 1V6

(on top of St. George subway station)

Format: Presentations 9 am-12:30 pm, Breakout groups 1:30 pm to 5:00

pm

The Breakout groups will be formed in a BarCamp style "unconference"

where the topics are determined by the people present.

the

Greater Toronto Area as well as a number of individuals who are

working on international Social Technology projects.  All of these

projects have an Open Source component.  In conjunction with Open

Source Week Toronto, we will hold an event which will enable dialogue

and collaboration between projects and individuals.

For the unconference, we welcome any proposals on the following topics and
related topics:

1) Providing computers to nonprofits

2) Setting up computer centres in low income apartment complexes

3) Providing Linux Ubuntu desktops and training to individuals

4) Public access hot spots in public spaces such as parks

5) Free wireless networks

6) International projects such as the World Computer Exchange, and One

Laptop Per Child.

7) Design for people with disabilities

Add your topics at:

http://barcamp.org/w/page/SocialTechCampToronto