[kw-pm] Issue with $ENV{"HTTP_COOKIE"}

Robert Pike roberthpike at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 13 12:13:22 PDT 2009

I'll try and outline this as best I can.
I have a Perl (CGI) script that sets up a bunch of cookies (i.e. print "Set-Cookie: variable........" (it's an older script that doesn't utilize any modules such as CGI). Later in the script it redirects to another website (again a simple print statement with Location: .......).
On that website a form is filled out, something runs on that server to process, and then the user gets redirected to a HTML page (on my server). This is a very simple HTML page that merely is set up to redirect back to the original script that generated the cookies. At this point if I try and print out what is in $ENV{"HTTP_COOKIE"} I get absolutely nothing. I was hoping to get the cookies that were originally set up in the initial call of the script.
This does sound like a strange sequence of calls (and it has a lengthy explanation) but I would appreciate any help anyone could give. Thanks.