[kw-pm] Question regarding cpan

Robert Pike roberthpike at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 11 12:23:29 PST 2008

I'm trying to run cpan from the command prompt to try and install Date::Calc but part of the message I get back is this :
Have P:\Perl-5.8\lib\Config.pm expected C:\Perl\lib\Config.pm
Your perl and your Config.pm seem to have different ideas about the
architecture they are running on.
Running make test
  Can't test without successful make
Running make install
  Make had returned bad status, install seems impossible
Failed during this command:
 STBEY/Date-Calc-5.4.tar.gz                   : make NO

I noticed that on the server there are 2 directories -> C:/Perl and C:/Perl-5.8 (the first I believe is version 5.0 while the latter is 5.8). Does anyone have any suggestions to what I can try to successfully install Date::Calc? Appreciate any help. Thanks.