[kw-pm] Upcoming talks

Daniel R. Allen daniel at coder.com
Thu Jul 10 08:43:19 PDT 2008

We're moving our regular meeting to one week later, in order that those of
us who are interested can go to this talk:

Thursday, July 17, 2008-
Free public lecture at the University of Waterloo:
Breaking High-Grade German Cyphers in World War II, by Peter Hilton,
cryptanalyst at Bletchley Park. 7:00 p.m., Humanities Theatre.

And our regular kw.pm meeting is a week later:

Thursday, July 24, 2008-
fishbot will talk on Threading in Perl: Synchronization Primatives, and
Building a Message Passing Architecture (which he says will be a basic
talk. ...Or at least for fish, a basic talk; it may leave me in the
dust on slide 3, but I'm looking forward to it anyway.)