[kw-pm] Reminder: kw.pm February Meeting

fishbot eric at uc.org
Thu Feb 8 20:55:23 PST 2007

Ahh February.  Brisk out, no?

This month starts out on a Thursday, so the monthly meeting
sneaks up a bit - it's next Thursday, the 15th.

I'm doing a shortish talk this month - if anyone else is interested in doing a
10-30 minute talk there is lots of room.  Here's my synopsis:

Webserver: One Hour or Free
===========================

Synopsis: I've been working for the last few years with webprotocols,
particularly testing proxies and servers. The key to fast understanding has been
writing my own clients and servers - often rapid thumbnails. You can write a
(flawed and stripped down) webserver in an hour in Perl. I'll show what a 15
minute webserver looks like, and what the extra 45 minutes buys you.

As last month (but unlike all previous months) we'll be meeting in BMH 1035 at
the University of Waterloo.  As always, we'll be meeting at 7pm.

Daniel has provided directions:
http://kw.pm.org/wiki/index.cgi?FAQ

As usual, delicious pizza will be provided for those registered here:
http://kw.pm.org/wiki/index.cgi?PizzaList
by a rotating anonymous donor.

Also just a reminder that we are looking for speakers for April
and May.

Hope to see you next week,
fishbot