[kw-pm] October Meeting is this Thursday

fishbot eric at uc.org
Tue Oct 17 10:26:53 PDT 2006

It's that time again: our monthly meeting is at 7pm this
Thursday, October 19th, at our normal location.

Agenda
======

Two shorter talks this month, with the theme "Beyond Perl":

-> XS is EAsY
   presenter: fishbot

XS is a meta-language for mapping C/C++ functions to Perl
subroutines.  Despite the relative complexity of Perl internals,
getting XS to do basic things is pretty... basic.

-> OCaml Intro
   presenter: abez

abez gives an intro talk to OCaml.  You thought that there was
only one multi-paradigmic language with a link to Camels?

Pizza:
======

As usual, add your name to the list if you want pizza:
http://kw.pm.org/wiki/index.cgi?PizzaList
so I know how much to buy.  I'm happy to get a vegetarian pizza,
but I won't unless asked.

As usual, social follows.

Looking forward to seeing everyone then.
fishbot