[kw-pm] Frustrating problem

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-pm at benshaw.com
Mon Jun 19 07:14:20 PDT 2006

On Sunday 18 June 2006 17:13, Marko Vidberg wrote:
> Hey there, I am having a bit of problem with a client that has a perl
> script that has been running for a number of years with no problems.
> Last week, it started just giving the following error:
>
> -----
> Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or
> misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

That's always fun to diagnose.  Ensure that you are running the script from
the command line as the same user and in the same directory as what the web
server is.  If need be, redirect stderr to a file in the script and examine
the file.  Obviously something has changed, you just don't know what yet.
Have any system upgrades happened (automatic updates are the work of the
devil) recently, does the problem go away if the web server's restarted...
lots of things to investigate.

-A.