[kw-pm] Frustrating problem

Marko Vidberg marko at isfoundhere.com
Sun Jun 18 14:13:07 PDT 2006

Hey there, I am having a bit of problem with a client that has a perl
script that has been running for a number of years with no problems.
Last week, it started just giving the following error:

-----
Internal Server Error The server encountered an internal error or
misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

 Please contact the server administrator to inform of the time the
error occurred and of anything you might have done that may have
caused the error. More information about this error may be available
in the server error log.
----

I've checked everything I know to check, the .cgi file permissions and
ownership and apache conf settings.  The error logs in /var/log say
nothing.  I've made sure the file is putting out "Content-type:
text/html\n\n" as the first thing.  The cgi DOES run fine from the
command line, just not via http.  The same thing happens with a simple
hello_world.cgi perl script.  I deal mostly with php myself and
haven't been to "into" perl for quite some time... can anybody give me
any advice?  Thanks.

-marko