[kw-pm] Why would anyone go to a Perlmonger's meeting?

lloyd carr dcarr at sdf.lonestar.org
Mon Jan 2 17:06:13 PST 2006

> This may be unrelated to the real question, but from running other mailing
> lists I know that the "critical mass" of a mailing list is around 350-400
> members - that's for constant chatter. 95%+ of those members never say a
> word.

So I'm not sure what conclusion to draw. Are you saying talking to this
list is like beating a dead horse? So what is the critical mass of a IRC
channel, wait I know the answer two, one person and one bot ;)

Wouldn't the silent 95%+ plus be true of almost all group communication
situations even dinner parties ;)

- Lloyd

P.S. Yes unrelated, but very clever to reply and yet fail to answer the
real question, top marks!