[kw-pm] [Fwd: announcing the YAPC Volunteer Sign-up List web site]

Fulko Hew fhew3 at cogeco.ca
Mon May 16 17:30:20 PDT 2005

Mongers in Buffalo and KW are probably close enough to possible
help out and volunteer during this years YAPC, so I'm sending this out
so you can find out what jobs are available, and let you sign-up to help
out...

------------------------------------
TPM now has a web based signup list to allow people
to signup to existing identified tasks, that need to be performed
_during_ the conference. It also allows you to add new and
previously un-identified tasks to the lists to allow people to
volunteer for them too.

So far, we've identified a number of tasks that need to be performed
during each time slot. Including on Sunday before the conference starts.

I think the mechanism is sorta self explanatory...

1/ Pick a day,
2/ Pick a slot and see what tasks there are, and who's name
if any are already beside it.
3/ Push the edit button.
4/ Fill in your name (AND press enter or edit so it updates the
 screen with any of your current assignments)
5/ Select (or de-select) the task you want to volunteer to
do during that time slot.
6/ Push "Apply".

If there are other tasks that need to be done during each slot,
then there is a place at the botton of the 'edit' page that
allows you to add another task. It will automatically be made
available in every slot for people to sign-up to.

You can also 'delete a job', but use it with care because
it deletes the whole job and all assignments... NOT just the ones
with your name.

If you add the person name of   N/A   to a job in a slot,
that job name will be made 'invisible' in that slot.
Use it when you've added a new job, but want to make
it 'not applicable' in a particular slot.

For example:

 The job of 'Emcee' during lunch and break times has been
 assigned to  N/A  because we don't need that job/slot
 combination, and it would just clutter up the display.

There is also a Wiki page (and reference at the top level)
to point you to the web resource. Please update that Wiki
page to describe the duties of each task, when you add a
new task.

The signup page is at:
  http://hew.ca/yapc.html

(click on the various days at the top of the page to
view each day.)

and the Wiki is at:
  http://to.pm.org/cgi-bin/kwiki/index.pl?VolunteerSignUp