[kw-pm] Feb. Meeting - Paging Dr. Perl

Eric - fishbot eric at uc.org
Mon Feb 7 12:29:25 PST 2005

The February meeting is just ten days away!

http://kw.pm.org/wiki/index.cgi?DearDrPerl
(see also the Upcoming Meetings page or kw.pm.org homepage for
Daniel's updates on meeting location changes)

The premise of the February meeting is this:

We all have code laying around that we wrote in an hour, and that
has cool ideas, poorly implemented.  Or we have an implementation
that seems way too complicated for the task.  Or something that
just looks ugly, and that -must- have a better solution.

Everyone who can should bring code that they would like a second
opinion on.  As a PM group, we will all be Dr. Perl together.

The group has people of different skill levels, and different
areas of expertise.  Our critique and discussion will be
-constructive- criticism, and non-judgemental.  It's not a
competition, but rather a chance to talk code with peers.

I always learn a lot when we sit down and talk over a chunk of
code.  Invariably someone says:

"What if you just did X?"

And I say:
"You can do X with perl?"

And out come the dry-erase markers.

Plan ahead of time to bring code, questions, and a notepad.  The
Dr. Perl Wikipage has ways to vector the code to the meeting.

Looking forward to seeing you then,
fishbot