[kw-pm] [Fwd: [tpm] lightning talks]

Fulko Hew fhew3 at cogeco.ca
Thu Sep 9 18:45:22 CDT 2004

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [tpm] lightning talks
Date:  Wed, 08 Sep 2004 10:23:54 -0400

A reminder:  Sept is the meeting when TPM engages in Lightning Talks :-)

This a a popular annual event.  This year looks like a great time to
participate in the 5 to 15 minute talks that cover any topic that
mentions Perl.

To date we have offerings as follows:

   Richard   Doing combinatorial work with Perl
   Indy      T.B.D.
   Pierre    mechanize
   Shawn     Shawn's favourite Perl module
   Nicholas  Laboratory Data Collection
   Fulko     Creating Highly Available, Redundant Linux Systems
   Dan       Working with the CPAN Spork module
   Glenn     Catching financial conspirators using Perl

Everyone is welcome to present a talk.  No previous experience needed.

As Chairman I would ask that each presenter supply:
- a one line subject title for your talk
- a short paragraph that provides an overview of what you intend to
  talk about.

For those not familiar with the Lightning Talk evening, this will give
attendees an opportunity to consider what turns the TPM members on.

Remember TPM regularly meets on the last Thursday of the month. See our
regular TPM meeting announcement.  (http://to.pm.org)

The Lightning talks will be Thursday, Sept 30.  Arrive by 6:30 PM.

---
Glenn Chairman for '04
e-mail: gsimpson at mountaincable.net