[kw-pm] Thursday's meeting

Richard Dice rdice at pobox.com
Sun Oct 24 20:18:37 CDT 2004

> There's an amusing kerfuffle where freshmeat recently published a "critique
> of where perl 6 is heading" <http://freshmeat.net/articles/view/1339/>
> which sumarizes to "I don't understand perl 6 so it's not as good as perl
> 5"...  If only he'd seen eric's talk. ;)

Thanks for pointing me to this, for some values of 'thanks.'  Call it
nostalgia.  I've seen the author of this, Shlomi Fish, talk about this
for a few years ago.  I think I even read his inaurgural musing about
how Perl 6 is wrong and he's got a better approach for evolving Perl 5.
  I forget which forum I read it in, though.

Cheers,
Richard