[kw-pm] Thursday's meeting

Daniel R. Allen daniel at coder.com
Sun Oct 24 10:16:57 CDT 2004

A public "thank-you" to Lloyd and Eric for their talks.

Lloyd's talk on Parrot had lots of good discussion from the peanut
gallery, and gave me a good idea of what Parrot is, and what to expect it
will be, when it's more complete.

Eric's talk on perl6 was super- shorter than damien, more useful than the
apocolypses, and quite encouraging about the future of perl.  I'm looking
forward to following perl 6 developments.  And maybe trying out the
Perl6:: modules for perl 5.

There's an amusing kerfuffle where freshmeat recently published a "critique
of where perl 6 is heading" <http://freshmeat.net/articles/view/1339/>
which sumarizes to "I don't understand perl 6 so it's not as good as perl
5"...  If only he'd seen eric's talk. ;)

So did you go for drinks, or did everybody make an early night of it?

-Daniel

--
http://coder.com/ - Prescient Code Solutions - (519) 575-3733 da at coder.com