[kw-pm] Free beer: still unclaimed!

Andrew Kohlsmith akohlsmith-pm at benshaw.com
Thu Nov 18 06:23:49 CST 2004

On November 18, 2004 12:25 am, Eric - fishbot wrote:
> > perl -pe 's/\B(\w+)\B/join"",map chop,sort map{rand().$_}split"",$1/eg'

> I hope that I haven't given away too much.  Daniel gets to
> explain this tomorrow.

No I get the /gist/ of what it's doing, but it's the actual implementation
details -- the double-map, chop and sort, not to mention the regex that
executes code -- that is confusing me.

This is precisely the kind of code that gives Perl a bad name, but also the
kind of code that makes people who give it a bad name secretly smile and say
"that's some really neat shit, man!"

-A.