[kw-pm] Free beer: still unclaimed!

Eric - fishbot eric at uc.org
Mon Nov 15 09:56:52 CST 2004

So, no one claimed my free beer last month.  Both challenges were
rather steep, I think.  As a result, I've got tons of free beer
laying around, and no one to give it to ;)

This month, I think that I will have to set the bar a bit lower:

-> Bring to the meeting a cool use of map or grep.  Either
something that you wrote, something you use, or something you
found.  Ten Schwartzian Transforms will not be accepted.  We can
vote on the two best ones, assuming we get more than two.  The
winners can split a pitcher at my expense.

Though I am tempted to watch a monger down a pitcher on his/her
own, I can't condone binge drinking.  One entry per person.

Email me your code before 5pm on Thursday, post it online, or
bring it on disk.  If it's really short, you can bring it on
paper.  It would be nice to run them... so a digital form is
preferred.  If you set up the code so that we can see it in
action, that's even better.  (ie. declare an appropriate @foo)

Hope to see lots of you this Thursday!

Daniel: Add me to the pizza list, please.

Disclaimers: Beer available -after- meeting, at whatever
pub/restaurant we adjourn to.  map/grep/drink responsibly.

fishbot