[kw-pm] Re: February meeting?

Daniel R. Allen da at coder.com
Wed Jan 28 17:22:09 CST 2004

I see a variety of options, all which I think are doable:

1) bar.  beer.  coasters.  I would hand-wave about module (I won't
   bring my laptop to a bar, though we could squint at a paper
   printout if we have to..)

2) room/laptop/projector. coasters. I would walk through module,
   maybe some discussion about how (surprisingly) easy it can be to
   take a CPAN module, make improvements, and release them as your own
   subclass module, given a bit of knowledge about OO programming.

   2a) assume in advance we are comfortable looking at OO code

   2b) starting more gradually with OO usage and/or programming
       groundwork.

3) room/laptop/projector. coasters. Beer. same as 2.  Depends on policies
   on alcohol, whereever we are meeting.  I might be able to get an OK for
   the 2nd-floor lab we met in previously.  People will have to chip in
   for beer.

My own personal preference is for 2a); or 3) if somebody else can
organize the beer (and I can get the room).

So: start gently with OO?  start with medium-level OO?  You're welcome to
email me personally if you would prefer...  I expect what will happen is a
mix of the two, but I do need to know where to start from.

-D

http://coder.com/ - Prescient Code Solutions - (519) 575-3733 da at coder.com