[kw-pm] August Meeting wrapup

Daniel R. Allen daniel at coder.com
Mon Aug 30 13:44:47 CDT 2004

We had a nice but small meeting last Wednesday.  The discussion included:

Future topics (theoretical and practical); using subroutine prototypes; a
crash-course in unicode and why it is cool; cron jobs to update our
website; hiring Gnomes; possible reasons why we have 10x as many people on
the mailing list as attend meetings, and how to improve that ratio; and a
discussion of YAPC::NA::2004 where I tried my best to describe Damian
Conway's latest talk, "Sufficiently Advanced Technologies".

We have topics lined up for September and October; and looking for
topics/presenters for November.

Thursday, September 16, 2004

Lloyd will present "A Puzzle... solved with Perl and Regular Expressions".
Daniel will talk about Regexp::Common, a module for easy regular
expressions. Arguile will talk about making graphs using the GraphViz
module.

Thursday, October 21, 2004

We will have a talk on the status of Perl 6; and we will have a talk on
Parrot, the virtual machine that will run perl 5, 6, python, java, and
other bytecode.