[kw-pm] new o'reilly book

Richard Dice rdice at pobox.com
Sun Aug 8 13:57:01 CDT 2004

Stas Bekman, the author, is a friend of mine and a really good guy.
He's been hardcore committed to mod_perl since 97 (if I recall
correctly, maybe 98) and has made it his mission to document the living
hell out of it as well as improve it from a core technology point of
view.  [ If you ever get into a debugging or config problem and ask him
for help, the first thing he'll have you do is ltrace and strace the
program. ;-) ]  I remember he was writing this book as far back as 1999,
but he got a bit sidetracked by a crazy dot.com style job in Paris at
the time.  (O'Reilly has been really good with all the deadline
extensions they've given him.)  This is the dead tree version of what's
online at http://perl.apache.org/guide/.  Let me know how it is!

Cheers,
Richard