[kw-pm] Onions, upcomings

Daniel R. Allen daniel at coder.com
Sat Aug 7 13:24:01 CDT 2004

On Fri, 6 Aug 2004, Eric - fishbot wrote:

> So, I know that Larry Wall presented State of the Onion 8 at
> OSCON last week... but I've yet to even see someone online
> discussing it, nevermind a transcript.  Anyone heard anything?  I
> know that the Onion talks tend to be light on announcements and
> long on jokes... so perhaps I should assume that it was maximally
> entertaining and minimally informative?

You're right, nobody has blogged about it, and there's been no post on
perl.com.  My guess is that it didn't happen?  Hm.

> I wasn't able to attend the July kw.pm meeting because of a death
> in the family,

So sorry to hear about that :-(

> and it looks like I won't be able to attend the
> August meeting either.  Would anyone consider the possibility of
> just getting together for beer and discussion some Monday or
> Tuesday at a place like the Huether or Morty's?  Summer is a nice
> time for informal patio discussion anyway... perhaps a planning
> session with beer?

Right, so I've been off-the-ball and didn't announce the August meeting,
which would be in less than two weeks, and I suspect that summer blahs
would lead to another head-count like last month's with four people.
(five if you count Arguile, who tried to show up but missed us by 10
minutes when we decamped for food and drinks!  Sorry Arguile!)

I like your idea of a social meeting- how about monday the 16th or tuesday
the 17th at the Huether's?  Which day works better for y'all?

-Daniel
--
http://coder.com/ - Prescient Code Solutions - (519) 575-3733 da at coder.com