[kw-pm] Onions, upcomings

Eric - fishbot eric at uc.org
Fri Aug 6 15:11:36 CDT 2004

So, I know that Larry Wall presented State of the Onion 8 at
OSCON last week... but I've yet to even see someone online
discussing it, nevermind a transcript.  Anyone heard anything?  I
know that the Onion talks tend to be light on announcements and
long on jokes... so perhaps I should assume that it was maximally
entertaining and minimally informative?

I wasn't able to attend the July kw.pm meeting because of a death
in the family, and it looks like I won't be able to attend the
August meeting either.  Would anyone consider the possibility of
just getting together for beer and discussion some Monday or
Tuesday at a place like the Huether or Morty's?  Summer is a nice
time for informal patio discussion anyway... perhaps a planning
session with beer?

Eric